AUSTRALIAN CERAMICS LIFE MEMBERSHIP NOMINATIONS
Life Membership Nominations close Wednesday 13 September.
Awarding a Life Membership is an important way to draw attention to the work or careers of those who have made a significant contribution in the field of ceramics. The Australian Ceramics Association will consider appointing up to five Life Members at each Annual General Meeting.
LIFE MEMBERS WILL BE OUTSTANDING LEADERS IN CERAMICS and will have made any one, or more, of the following contributions to the field of ceramics:
1. Outstanding service to the Association over an extended period
2. Sustained commitment and service to ceramics beyond the formal requirements of their position including leadership and an active contribution to the sector
3. An outstanding contribution through innovative practice, curation, academic research, teaching and/or leadership at a local, state, national or international level.
CURRENT LIFE MEMBERS
Les Blakebrough, Kevin Boyd, Sue Buckle, Greg Daly, Trisha Dean, Janet DeBoos, Pippin Drysdale, Neville French, Patsy Hely, Judith Inkamala, Owen Rye and Leonard Smith.
TACA’s constitution states that: on the recommendation of the Directors, any Member or ceramicist of distinction may be elected a Life Member at any General Meeting by the vote of two thirds of the Members present and voting. Life Members have all the rights of other Members, are eligible to be a director, are eligible to vote at General Meetings, and may obtain insurance through TACA on payment of the insurance fees.
Directors invite Members to suggest those they consider deserving of this award, so that the Directors may then propose up to five Life Members for approval at the next Annual General Meeting.
Any member of the Association can suggest any individual, member or non-member of TACA, to be considered by the board of directors for the award of Life Membership.
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS ONLINE FORM TO SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION. Applications will only be accepted via this link. This will enable TACA Board to keep track of Members' nominations, assisting them to make a considered evaluation of the suggestions submitted.
- Anyone the TACA Board intends to propose as a Life Member will be contacted by the Chief Executive Officer before the AGM to seek their acceptance.
- Proposals for Life Membership can be made at any time, however they can only be approved at a General Meeting, which occurs annually.
- For a TACA Life Membership Proposal to be considered at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), the proposal must be received at TACA office 2 weeks before the AGM.
The 2023 TACA AGM will be held on 27 September, we ask that nominations be submitted before Wednesday 13 September.
Please direct any queries to CEO Debbie Pryor via [email protected]